Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is undoubtedly a rather large and unexpected phenomenon and I am particularly late in writing about it... But IMMA DO IT ANYWAY CUZ I FEEL LIKE IT.

So.

I guess it starts as to why I started watching this AMAZING SHOW. Being an internet lurker, it was kind of impossible to avoid the memes and adorable pictures that flooded the internet and it was, of course, visually appealing, but I was still wary and didn't really think much of it. Not until season two started and references of the new (at the time) villain as Q really caught me. You have to understand - I was raised on Star Trek (and The Simpsons, but I digress). I had to watch Season Two... For Discord. Of course, starting on Season Two made no sense (yeah, I tried), so I went and watched the first two episodes to get the context... and then proceeded to watch the rest of Season One in the next two days... because Fluttershy.

I have to admit, even within the time I have been watching MLP:FIM, my opinions on the show has changed. Like, I used to hate Pinkie Pie and her songs, and now I've realized that I most like Pinkie Pie and love [most of] her songs. A less trivial change in my opinion, however, is my view of the show overall. I used to think it was a pretty awesome kids show. Now I feel like it's not-really-a-kid's-show disguised as a kid's show. For example this just about sums up my thoughts about the latest episode.

As for the social implications, if there are any, I might throw out my view on those later... For now, time to play SWTOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment