Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

on The Rationale of This Blog

Well, here I am: writing a blog. And here you are reading my blog. Why any of these are happening, I really haven't the slightest idea. But, while you're here, I suppose I shall at least try to rationalize this interaction between my writings and your readings.

I've had for a while, in the back of my mind, the idea to just express the thoughts that go through my mind, regardless of whether or not anyone will read them. Well, you're here reading my thoughts right now, and for that, I suppose I should thank you. What kind of thoughts will appear here?; A variety of things, probably, since I am a particularly varied person. This could range from rants about political views, game reviews, craft projects, photos, or just random ramblings. This leads to several things I must disclose in order to convince you that you are crazy for continuing to read this.
  • There is no planned schedule for updates/posts - they will be added as inspiration and time allow for.
  • Everything written will be my opinion and not something I will be trying to pass off as fact.
  • There will My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic references - perhaps not in every post, but they will happen.
  • I might not reveal too much about who I am for a number of reasons. For simplicity's sake, let us just assume that I am a cynical, paranoid person who thinks that revealing the fact that I live on Earth will result in many terrible, horrible, no-good things.
  • I am a hateful person. There will be much insulting of myself, others, and... anything

As for how this blog began, one day one of my dear ol' friends talked about her own blog and so by her inspiration (unfortunately for you) the next morning I rolled out of bed and began to hammer away at this project.

The Title: Please Remind Me to Poop
I feel the need to explain this, and I'm hoping that there is not another blog/page/space/site/etc. out there with such a crude title for several reasons. Particularly, I find this a fitting title because it is really quite telling of some of the things you will read in this blog. Another reason is that it is quite befitting of how I am - in fact, I started this right after waking up at 11am (shut up, I'm on Winter Break) and it is currently past 2 and I have yet to brush my teeth or eat breakfast.

... Actually, I'm kind of hungry, so let's save the rest of the explanation for another page. That "Why" tab up there... It seems you know how to read, so you should be able to find it.

1 comment:

  1. Lols. I love it! You have given me my daily dose of smiles!

    ReplyDelete